Position: Senior Offshore Technician
Position Type: Full time Contractor
Location: Viana do Castelo, Portugal, with frequent traveling to Aberdeen or any other Company site in Europe
Education Required: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related field.
Principle Power Offshore Operations Team provides installations, operations and maintenance services for floating wind projects that use the WindFloat technology. We are expanding the team to support multiple contracted offshore wind projects in several geographies that will be installed over the coming years.
We are currently seeking a Senior Offshore Operations Technician to perform installation and O&M activities for several WindFloat projects in Europe. This position is expected to support operations the WindFloat Atlantic project in Portugal, consisting of 3 platforms with 8 MW WTGs, where the successful candidate will work with PPI’s Engineering team, client, and contractors to plan and execute the installation, commissioning, and operations of this commercial windfarm, transitioning into a senior technical role for that project. This position may also work as backup support for our Scottish Operations.
It will report to the Offshore Operations Manager and offers opportunities for advancement.
- Monitor and track component heath through condition monitoring, remote diagnostics, and onsite inspection
- Perform service operations on site including maintenance, repair and replacement of platform components
- Ensure preparedness for offshore operations (spare parts, testing of tools and equipment)
- Coordinate works to be performed with client and other contractors; participate in operational meetings, safety briefings
- Participation in recurrent work-related training; train and monitor clients and contractors (operations, HSE procedures)
- Assist in building a local operations team and contribute to the broader organizational development of the Offshore services group at Principle Power
- Support project in other locations when needed, including planning, refinement of procedures, and on-site operations
Required Education: Completed training in electrical, IT or mechatronics. Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering or a related field will be valued.
Required Professional Experience: 5+ years of professional experience in offshore O&M/Installation of Wind or O&G assets.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience with offshore operations, including both execution and planning
- Strong hands-on knowledge/experience operating and repairing mechanical and electrical systems
- Comfortable working offshore, in confined spaces and at heights, coping with the respective challenges this brings
- Strong organizational skills to effectively plan inspection and maintenance activities
- Knowledge of safety management systems and safety awareness
- Familiarity with SCADA and remote diagnostic techniques
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) in English and Portuguese
- Creative approach to problem solving and enjoy troubleshooting technical problems
- Availability for mobilization (in person or in calls) outside of normal business hours, if required
- Customer-minded and collaborative, with strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Independent and driven with ability to assess and diagnosis with minimal oversight, eye for improvement
- Commitment to organizational development, coordinating with operational staff at other WindFarms
- Commitment to work with Engineering Teams to refine and optimize the WindFloat technology
- Comfort working in a highly international environment and willingness to travel abroad to support responsibilities
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for PPI in the UK and Portugal
- Driving License valid in Portugal
If you match this profile and you’re willing to embrace a new challenge, send us your cv along with a motivational letter to email@example.com